We are glad to announce that Enago in collaboration with Udayana University (LPPM – Unud) will be conducting workshop for early-stage researchers to help increase their awareness of academic publishing.
This workshop will be focused on providing practical advice on important aspects related to journal selection and understanding reasons for journal rejection. The workshop will provide useful tips to authors on how they can identify and ideal journal for their next publication as well as help them understand and deal with manuscript rejection.
Synopsis of Workshop
Topics Topic 1:
Identifying the Target Journal for Publication In today’s scientific landscape when researchers have to publish their research in order to sustain their academic careers, the process of selecting a good journal is a crucial step towards showcasing their research to the right target audience. After this session/topic, you will have more information about the following:
- Understanding the scope, visibility and discoverability of journal,
- Assessing the quality of journal and a basic understanding of some key journal metrics,
- Introduction to importance concepts such as copyrights, open access and peer review, and
- Expert tips and list of tools for selecting an impropriate target journal.
Dealing with Journal Rejection This topic is primarily targeted toward helping researchers in handling rejections from journals, and will also help early-stage researchers improve first-time acceptance of their manuscripts. After this session, you will have more information about the following:
- Awareness of the rejection process and why papers of ESL authors are rejected by journal (regardless of the impact factor),
- Understanding the peer review process and causes of rejection,
- Comprehending rejection letters and what reviewers mean,
- Importance of correctly responding to reviewer comments and revising their papers to make them publication ready, and
- Overcoming journal rejection and providing a positive outlook to deal with journal rejection. At the end of the workshops, all participants will also receive a Certificate of Participation issued by Enago (www.enago.com/academy).
Please note, the workshop will be held on 13th July, 2017 at Udayana University.